<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13598841\x26blogName\x3dThree+of+Six\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://threeofsix.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://threeofsix.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2138925394248821732', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Six sons, and no theories

Years ago, my mom found a colorful porcelain plate at a rummage sale. Now hanging on her dining room wall, it simply reads:

"Before I got married, I had six theories about raising sons. Now I have six sons, and no theories."

Three of Six is a blog written by me, son # 3. I've never pondered much how birth order has affected my outlook on life, though I'm sure it has in ways I'll never understand. Lots of other factors that I never chose, though, have inevitably shaped my worldview: where I grew up, my parents' religious faith, the "heritage" of trumpet lessons starting in fourth grade, etc. In due time, these things and more will show up here at Three of Six.

If you're having trouble sleeping at night, maybe I am too. Hey, you might find even find something new here! Lots of politics, some theology, occasional talk about good books I've read, and frequent observatons from my "perch" outside the U.S., things I've noticed as an American "on the outside, looking in."

Just one rule for comments. Let's all say it together three times: respect, respect, respect.

Pull up a chair. Welcome to Three of Six!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home